Pinterest Twitter Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

January 14, 2014

Pencil Trees - "Kindergarten Quotes"

I have decided to have a little section of my blog called Kindergarten Quotes... because kids really do say the darndest things!

Today we were discussing plants and the different parts of the plants. The kiddos are in groups of three and are making labeled plant posters together. One group drew a HUGE tree with little tiny roots. My supervising teacher tried to explain that the roots need to be bigger because it holds the tree up. She grabbed a pencil and said that that was her tree. She tried to stand it up on its end and of course it fell down. She did this three or four times.

She asked, "Why does my tree keep falling?"

And a student in the group replied, "Because its a pencil?"




Oh, children. I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment