Pinterest Twitter Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving Break!

Hello readers! Like probably all teachers, my November was a whirlwind of a month! I cannot believe how it flew by and that Thanksgiving is now in the past! Which my bathroom scale is happy about...



Now that Thanksgiving is over, I need to wrap my head around a few things...



I am spending the remainder of my Thanksgiving Break resting thinking about school... I have so many changes to plan for:

At the start of the year I only had 15 students... now I have 22. Not sure how this happened, but it did, and some of my procedures are just not working with the larger number of students.

My Smart Board was finally repaired. I need to brush up on using it since I haven't used one in a couple of years. It is actually an old Inter Write board, but it is certainly much better than nothing and I can't wait to start integrating it into instruction!

It is officially time to start Christmas-y stuff in my classroom. I have a small tree that I need to set up and a box of fun decorations. My mother-in-law is going to help me set it all up before Monday that way I don't have to worry about it later. This year I am repeating what I did last year. I wrapped holiday books in Christmas wrapping and laid them underneath the tree. Everyday, we unwrapped a story, read it together, and journaled about it. I KNOW that this class specifically is going to love it. There will be plenty of pics to come and a list of the books I'll be using this year.

If you are interested in wrapping your books and journaling as well, I have a FREEBIE in my store to help you (which just got a major makeover with better graphics and fonts!). Click the picture below to download your freebie!


Enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend/break, teachers! Before long, I'll be wishing you a Merry Christmas! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment